- Women In Media & News Women In Media & News (WIMN), a national media analysis, education and advocacy group, was founded in 2001 by media critic and journalist Jennifer L. Pozner with guidance from a diverse team of directors and advisors including journalists, feminists, social justice activists and media reform advocates.
- Shetizenjournalist.com is a tool for today’s women who can use it to report, raise gender debates and discussions on issues that matter to women and that contributes to their empowerment.
- Virtual Alternative Media Project
- Network of Women in Media, India (NWMI) is an informal, non-hierarchical organisation
comprising women journalists and others working in or on the
media. It is currently linked to autonomous local collectives
of mediawomen in about a dozen places across the country.
Report to Women Edited by Sheila Gibbons and published by Communication
Research Associates, 38091 Beach Road, Post Office Box 180, Colton's
Point, MD 20626-0180. Founded
and originally edited by Dr. Donna Allen, 1972-1987, Women's Institute for Freedom of the Press.
Radio Fund "Our mission
is to build a support network for women radio producers and broadcasters
- Global Media Monitor The Global Media Monitor is an electronic resource in global communication. This comprehensive web site has been specifically designed to keep students, instructors, researchers, and interested individuals abreast of the ever-changing developments in the field of global communication and mass media.
- Women of Uganda Network Women of Uganda Network is a non-governmental organisation initiated in May 2000 by several women's organisations in Uganda to develop the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) among women as tools to share information and address issues collectively.
- Nu gender excellence European and worldwide ongoing innovative projects of any kind told by the ‘women’ involved.
- WINGS: Women's
International News Gathering Service
- Women of
Uganda Network (WOUGNET)
- Citizens for Independent Public Broadcasting
- Feminist.com -- media links
eNews A nonprofit independent news
service covering the issues that are of particular concern to
Pages: Media Organizations - Washington,
DC Media Organizations
Review A double-take on
media & democracy
for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)
- Women's Research
& Education Institute (WREI)
Press international feminist
Resources for the Social Sciences
includes women's studies and media
Access Project non-profit, public
interest telecommunications law firm
- Women's Media Center Women's Media Center: News/Networking/Training/Research
- Jo Freeman
website Jo Freeman's web
site includes historical photos, buttons, articles, and more.
Association of Women in Radio and Television The International Association of Women in Radio
and Television is a forum for personal contact and professional
development among women broadcasters worldwide.
the Media is a coalition of independent
journalists, media activists and community organizers in the
Pacific Northwest, promoting press freedom and community media
access as prerequisites for a functioning democracy.
Feature Service NEWS, FEATURES and OPINIONS from a gender perspective.
Fresh updates from around the world every week. Women's Feature
Service markets articles to print publications and websites.
- Equal Rights
of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the
United States or by any state on account of sex."
- Women & Media Resources This bibliography includes English-language resources
on the role of women in mass communications, particularly women's
participation in television and radio broadcasting, as well as
print journalism. Selected organizations and publications specific
to theoretical and empirical research on gender and communication
are also included. Some sources listed provide a historical perspective
on the role of women in mass communications, while others focus
on more current developments.
- http://www.womensbookstore.com/about.html We are a non-profit bookstore dedicated
to promoting anti-oppression politics and feminist politics.
Our mission: To provide books by women writers, especially marginalized
women, including women of colour, First Nations women, lesbians,
other queer women, working class women, disabled women, Jewish
women, and other groups of women.
- Online Women in Politics Women and Media
- Save the Internet: http://www.savetheinternet.com/
- Bamboogirl.com Links
- National Women and Media Collection and Donna
Allen Papers / WIFP
- Feisty Aphrodite was conceived of by two frustrated women fed-up with the corporate media’s lack of responsibility to educate its people. "We are now a resource focused on bringing the many feminine perspectives to the world through information, activism and independent media. Please peruse our site, where we offer our guests the opportunity to voice their perspectives via blogging, podcasts and the gallery."
- off our backs - a newsjournal
by, for, and about women founded in 1970. Ceased publishing in 2009 but the website and collective is still alive.
- Peace X Peace Peace X Peace is an international women's organization based in Washington DC and on the internet. It connects women across cultures to create a more balanced, peaceful world where our lives, stories, and voices are valued and honored.
- Girls Write Now is a community of professional women writers—educators, editors, poets, novelists, playwrights, journalists, literary agents, publishers, and more—on a mission. Since 1998 Girls Write Now has provided guidance, support, and opportunities for New York City's underserved or at-risk high school girls, enabling them to develop their creative, independent voices, explore careers in professional writing, and learn how to make healthy choices in school, career, and life.
- Female Playwrights Initiative Resources
Be sure to also see the
great links on these pages:
News (Media Democracy, Media Justice)
and Women's Rights
Women of Color
Women's Media (contents page)
Voices of Women
Living Under Fundamentalism
Back to WIFP homepage
Women's Institute for Freedom of the Press
email: allen [at] wifp.org